Biden again claimed Trump supporters were extremists.
- President Donald Trump and other Republicans fired back at Biden’s Thursday speech in Pennsylvania where he took aim at “MAGA” Republicans, calling them extremists.
- Trump responded saying “Someone should explain to Joe Biden, slowly but passionately, that MAGA means, as powerfully as mere words can get, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said that Biden “vilified millions of Americans in a divisive & angry speech that was detached from the reality of his political failures.”
- Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) wrote that Biden’s speech seemed to be nothing more than an attempt to divert attention away from his failed policies.
- Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) weighed in, reminding Biden that more than 61% of his constituents are what he referenced as “MAGA” republicans.
MORE GOP RESPONSE TO BIDEN:
- “Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic,” Biden said at Independence Hall in Philadelphia on Sept. 1. “MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards,” he went on to say, before slamming “MAGA Republicans” as those who “embrace anger,” “thrive on chaos,” and “live not in the light of truth but in the shadow of lies.”
- “If you look at the words and meaning of the awkward and angry Biden speech tonight, he threatened America, including with the possible use of military force. He must be insane, or suffering from late stage dementia!” Trump added in his response to the speech.
- “Tonight, Joe Biden vilified millions of Americans in a divisive & angry speech that was detached from the reality of his political failures,” Cruz wrote. “He isn’t actually interested in restoring the soul of the nation, he’s only interested [in] pitting his fellow Americans against one another.”
- “Joe Biden gave a speech attacking Republicans to distract from the fact his economic agenda caused inflation to reach a historic 40-year high and sent our economy into a recession,” Blackburn said. “The extreme MAGA agenda is securing the border, reducing inflation, lowering taxes, and upholding the Constitution. The Chinese Communist Party presents one of the greatest threats in modern day history. Biden has failed to strengthen America and stand up to [Chinese leader] Xi Jinping.”
- Just days ago, Biden made a speech referencing “right-wing Americans saying that if they planned to go up against the federal government with their Second Amendment rights they would “need an F-15.”
- Biden previously took to Twitter to call out “MAGA Republicans” saying they have already “made their choice,” seeming to write off the trump supporters.