Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials lost track of 150,000 migrants that entered the United States due to the Biden administration’s “no processing” immigration policy, a training video from the federal agency shows.
The Biden administration launched “Operation Horizon” in November 2021 to try to locate 150,000 migrants that were released in the summer earlier that year, but the training videos published Tuesday by Fox News show that officials had difficulty tracking down the migrants due to a lack of identifying information.
An ICE official said in a video that the 150,000 migrants “were issued a piece of paper that said, ‘go find somebody in ICE,’ and that was pretty much it. There was no processing.”
Since March 2021, Customs and Border Patrol has been releasing migrants on “prosecutorial discretion or humanitarian parole and directing them to report to the nearest ICE office where they intend to reside,” a narrator said in one training video.
“This process does not address the underlying challenges regarding ICE’s congressionally mandated responsibility to locate, arrest and place into removal proceedings those noncitizens who are not in possession of a valid, unexpired entry document. Under Operation Horizon, ICE law enforcement officers will identify, locate and place into removal proceedings those noncitizens who CBP released into the United States after March 15, 2021,” the official said.
Customs and Border Patrol reported encountering a record number of 2.4 million migrants last fiscal year.
The training videos are part of discovery in Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody’s lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security and other border agencies for not following federal immigration law.
Reporting from Just the News.