- Daunte Wright was shot dead by Brooklyn Center Police Officer Kimberly Potter Sunday after he was pulled over for ‘expired license plate tags’
- DailyMail.com can reveal Wright, 20, had a warrant out for his arrest at the time related to misdemeanor firearms offences
- He had previously been arrested for attempted aggravated robbery charges
- Charging papers allege Wright and a second man, Emajay Driver, attended a party in December 2019 at the home of two women in Osseo, Minnesota
- The women allowed the pair to crash after they said they didn’t have a ride home
- The next morning, after one of the women went to withdraw $820 in rent money, Wright allegedly held her at gunpoint and demanded she give him the cash
- His bail was originally set at $100k with orders that he should not contact the victim or any witnesses, refrain from drugs and alcohol and not have any weapon
- It was revoked in July last year due to his ‘failure to not possess a firearm or ammunition’ and not keeping in touch with his probation officer
- He missed a court appearance on April 2, and a warrant was issued for his arrest, which is the one that appeared on a police search before he was shot dead
Daunte Wright choked a woman and threatened to shoot her if she did not hand over $820 she had stuffed in her bra, court papers obtained by DailyMail.com allege.
Wright was shot and killed by police officer Kimberly Potter in Minnesota on Sunday, leading to days of unrest.
Court records also show that a warrant was out for Wright’s arrest after he missed a court appearance on separate firearms charges at the time he was killed.