California Pastor John MacArthur’s sermon was removed from the platform and deemed “hate speech.”
- One of Pastor John MacArthur’s sermons was labeled “hate speech” and removed from YouTube.
- According to Tod Starns, the pastor of Grace Community Church delivered his Sunday message on Biblical sexuality and addressed LGBT issues, which seemed to trigger the anti-hate speech action.
- According to World Net Daily, YouTube “affirmed the Canadian law by banning any opposition to transgenderism on their platform,” Starnes explained.
- “Our team has reviewed your content, and, unfortunately, we think it violates our hate speech policy. We’ve removed the following content from YouTube: ‘There is no such thing as transgender. You are either XX or XY,” was the message sent from YouTube about the sermon.
- Starnes warned, “And it won’t be very long before the sex and gender revolutionaries target the source of our beliefs – the Holy Bible. I foresee a day in American history where Bibles could be confiscated or rewritten to affirm the LGBTQIA lifestyle.”
MACARTHUR OFFENDING COMMENTS:
- MacArthur explained, “There is no such thing as transgender. You are either XX or XY, that’s it. God made men male and female. That is determined genetically, that is physiology, that is science, that is reality.
- “This notion that you are something other than your biology is a cultural construct intended as an assault on God. The only way you can address it, honestly, is to say, ‘God made you and God made you exactly the way He wanted you to be.’
- “You are not only fighting God in His physical creation, you are fighting God in His sovereignty. You are fighting God in His spiritual relationship to you,” he explained. “This is a war on God.”
- He cautioned, “On the one hand, the reality of that lie and deception is so damaging, so destructive, so isolating, so corrupting that it needs to be confronted, but on the other hand, that confrontation can’t exaggerate what already exists, which is a sense of feeling isolated in relationships.”
- MacArthur is an internationally syndicated Christian teacher from Sun Valley, California where he has pastored at Grace Community since 1969.
- MacArthur is also a best-selling author and longtime respected member of the evangelical community.
- Materials from MacArthur’s Grace to You program, links to his sermons, podcasts, as well as information about his congregation can be found on his website.