Abortion advocates have targeted pro-life centers.
- Attacks on pro-life centers have seen a sharp rise nationwide following the leak of a Supreme Court decision draft indicating the court will likely overturn Roe v. Wade.
- Just days ago, the Mountain Area Pregnancy Services in Asheville, N.C., shared photos of vandalism that left their center covered in paint and with broken windows.
- The center also had a message that has been seen at other locations spray-painted on its sidewalk: “If abortions aren’t safe, neither are you!”
- The menacing phrase was accompanied by the anarchist symbol and the words, “no forced birth.”
- Asheville’s pregnancy help center attack was one of the most recent, following attacks on pro-life centers in Florida, Washington D.C., Wisconsin, New York, and numerous churches around the country.
RELIGIOUS LEADERS’ RESPONSE:
- “We abhor this vile attempt to terrorize a center that cares for women in crisis and works to save pre-born lives,” North Carolina Baptists Executive Director Todd Unzicker, said. “Mountain Area Pregnancy Services is a beloved partner to many of our churches in the Asheville area.
- “Because of our commitment to stand for life and the generosity of N.C. Baptists, we immediately offered financial assistance to help them recover from this attack. I pray this ministry’s bold Gospel witness shines brighter than ever before in their community,” Unzicker went on to say.
- “Around the country, hundreds of pregnancy resource centers provide medical care, practical resources and save the lives of thousands of preborn children,” said Chelsea Sobolik, the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission’s director of public policy. “It is extremely disheartening that violence and vandalism has been perpetrated against these lifesaving clinics. We should all condemn violence in every form, and in this moment, redouble our efforts to support these important centers.”
- As Americans brace for the impact of the Supreme Court’s decision, recent polling data shows that only about 1 in 3 Americans actually support Roe v. Wade and abortion rights.
- Advancements in sonogram- and other neonatal technology have given the public a more full understanding of pre-born life and turned the large majority of Americans away from supporting complete access to abortion.