The Ukrainian Ministry of Defense is accused of sharing fake video game footage of their army bringing down Russian Helicopters.
- Reports of deceptive conduct by Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense asserted that fake footage was published about the destruction of four Russian Helicopters.
- The Ukraine MoD posted the video to their Twitter account, showing the downed military choppers, claiming that their demise was the result of Ukraine’s army.
- However, the footage was recognized and called out by multiple individuals and news agencies, including Information Liberation, who reported the footage was from a video game.
THE CLIP’S ORIGIN:
- Original footage from the video was posted on YouTube, showing what appears to be the same clip as part of the “Anti-Air Systems – Arma 3 Military Simulation.”
- The video was posted by a Youtube account called Norov, who has posed multiple Military Simulation videos from games.