Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland admits Ukraine has “biological research facilities.”
- In her testimony before a Senate Committee, U.S. Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland said that Ukraine has facilities where biological research was being conducted.
- Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told a Sputnik News radio station on Wednesday that these facilities are being run by the United States government, according to TASS.
- “Yesterday, Victoria Nuland, in response to a question by American legislators, confirmed the existence of not just the laboratories in question but, as they actually call it, research,” said Zakharova.
- Nuland had said during her Senate testimony that Washington was working to not let the facilities fall into the hands of Russian forces, but Zakharova contends the U.S. is culpable for “criminal activity” connected with the bio labs, not Russia.
- “And she uttered a remarkable phrase – that is, the very body of evidence that was needed, which we now have – that they [the US] were doing everything so that these materials wouldn’t end up in Russia’s hands. We don’t have to guess what kind of materials those are, there is nothing to guess here anymore. These are the materials that prove the US’ illegal and criminal activity on Ukrainian soil,” the Russian diplomat said.
- Zakharova went on to say Russia had offered the U.S. cooperation in the sphere of biological experiments but that America’s laboratories on post-Soviet territory are classified and were created to develop additional challenges and threats to Russia.
- “We were ready to send specialists, and delegations that consisted of the representatives of various agencies. All of this was shrouded in mystery, all of this was classified. Naturally, this did not imply any cooperation on their part, … because all of this was directed not towards developing responses to new challenges and threats but towards creating new challenges and threats directly against our country and against our population,” she specified.
RUSSIA CLAIMS U.S. OPERATES 30 BIO LABS IN UKRAINE:
- In a series of disclosures Sunday and Monday, the Russian military claimed that the Pentagon’s Defense Threat Reduction Agency has been involved in the operation of more than 30 biological laboratories across Ukraine, and that these labs have engaged in the storage of and research into a number of deadly agents, Sputnik News reports.
- “In the past several days, long-standing fears which we have expressed repeatedly for years regarding the development of military biological materials by the United States on the territory of Ukraine under the auspices of the relevant US special services have been confirmed,” Zakharova said in a briefing Wednesday.
- “This has been confirmed based not only on those materials and data which were obtained operationally on the territory of Ukraine, not just based on the statements of the relevant agencies in Ukraine, but directly in Washington during a speech by US Deputy Secretary of State Victoria Nuland,” Zakharova said.
- The Russian Ministry of Defence published documents Sunday showing that Ukrainian Minister of Health Viktor Liashko ordered the destruction of a number of dangerous pathogens across Ukrainian biolab facilities, including anthrax, the plague, tularemia, cholera and other deadly diseases, Sputnik notes.
- The next day, the MoD revealed that a network of over 30 U.S.-funded biolabs has been operating across Ukraine, some of the facilities possibly engaging in the production of chemical weapons.
- On Tuesday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian called on the United States to clarify the extent of its military biological activities across the globe, pointing out that the U.S. Department of Defence controls some “336 biolabs across 30 countries under the pretext of joint work to reduce biosecurity risks and strengthening global health…What are America’s real intentions? What exactly were they doing?” Zhao asked, according to Sputnik.