Undercover video sheds light on Twitter insiders’ view of free speech and the possible takeover by Elon Musk.
- Project Veritas video footage released Monday evening features company Senior Engineer Siru Murugesan discussing the company’s hatred for freedom of speech and its impending takeover by Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
- “Twitter does not believe in free speech… Elon believes in free speech,” Murugesan said while addressing rumors that Twitter employees are not happy about the idea of a company takeover.
- The senior engineer went so far as to say that employees of the company “hate” Musk due to his economic and political beliefs.
- “Our jobs are at stake, he’s a capitalist and we weren’t really operating as capitalists, more like very socialist,” Murugesan went on to say. “Like we’re all like commie as [expletive].”
MORE FROM THE EYE-OPENING FOOTAGE OF THE SENIOR STAFF MEMBER:
- Murugesan indicated that some of the company’s employees attempted to prevent Musk from buying the company, saying, “We did all we could to like revolt against it. A lot of employees were revolting against it.”
- Growing proof that the deal is likely to happen has led to the drawing of boundaries by many staffers, according to the insider. “They’re like, ‘this would be my last day if it happens…’ a lot has changed. Like, we’re stress eating a lot. Like, we’re all worried for our jobs.”
- Musk made headlines by first buying a significant chunk of Twitter’s stock, then accepting a role on the company’s board, backing out, and eventually making an offer to buy the company outright.
- The deal has hit some roadblocks and is far from finalized and apprehension by employees has yet to dissipate.
- Tension is believed to be due to concern that two warring political parties cannot co-exist on the platform, as the footage of the engineer indicated.