Trump Vows ‘Most Severe’ Penalty if Guthrie is Found Deceased

President Trump suggested the death penalty may be on the table if kidnapped Nancy Guthrie is found to be deceased.

In a phone interview with the New York Post, President Trump said the kidnappers will face “very, very severe — the most severe” consequences if Guthrie is killed. When asked if the Department of Justice would request the death penalty, Trump said, “The most, yeah — that’s true.”

On February 4, President Trump said on Truth Social that he spoke with“Today” show anchor Savannah Guthrie, letting her know “that I am directing ALL Federal Law Enforcement to be at the family’s, and Local Law Enforcement’s, complete disposal, IMMEDIATELY. We are deploying all resources to get her mother home safely. The prayers of our Nation are with her and her family. GOD BLESS AND PROTECT NANCY!”

The sheriff leading the case told The New York Times that the case could drag on. “It’s exhausting, these ups and downs. But we will keep moving forward,” he said, adding, “Maybe it’s an hour from now. Maybe it’s weeks or months or years from now. But we won’t quit. We’re going to find Nancy. We’re going to find this guy.”

FBI Director Kash Patel announced last week that “previously inaccessible” images show “an armed individual appearing to have tampered with the camera at Nancy Guthrie’s front door the morning of her disappearance.” A glove featured in the images has since been recovered.

“The one with the DNA profile recovered is different and appears to match the gloves of the subject in the surveillance video,” an FBI spokesperson told Fox News Digital.

MORE STORIES