- Trump aides have four options for June rallies and will choose two in coming days
- It will be followed by an event on or around July 3
- With multiple crises engulfing President Biden, Trump team believes time to right to return to campaigning
- Events are most likely to be held at airports, repeating the outdoor rallies developed last year
- Former president relocated from Mar-a-Lago, Florida, to his Bedminster golf club in New Jersey at the start of the week
Former President Trump will hold two rallies in June as he looks to capitalize on a series of crises engulfing President Joe Biden and lay down a marker for 2024, according to an adviser familiar with planning.
Those will be followed by a third event around July 3 and are expected to take the form of the airport rallies that dominated the closing months of last year’s election campaign.
His team is in the process of selecting two venues from four possibilities.
Donald Trump was in New York City at the start of the week after flying north from his winter base in Florida. He is expected to hold two rallies in June as he enters a new phase of his political life
‘The president is anxious to get back out on the trail and we are getting a lot of offers and invitations from both candidates and political causes in different areas,’ said the adviser.