“Time to straighten out what is happening in our Country!” says Trump.
- President Donald Trump released an official message on Friday taking aim at Facebook’s first-time-ever loss in users while advertising his own social media platform, TRUTH Social.
- Facebook now has 500,000 fewer daily log-ins, according to The Daily Mail.
- Meta, Facebook’s parent company, saw its stock plummet 20%, wiping $200 billion from parent-firm Meta’s valuation.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg personally experienced a more than $29 billion loss when the company’s stock fell Wednesday, the Daily Mail notes.
TRUMP’S FULL STATEMENT:
- “Facebook’s number of daily users has plunged for the first time in Facebook history. This means people are tired of Fake News and abuse and especially tired of their political shenanigans. It could also be that people are waiting for TRUTH—the highly sophisticated platform that we look forward to opening in the not too distant future. Time to straighten out what is happening in our Country!”
- Facebook’s falling stock prices come after the company’s unexpectedly heavy spending on its Metaverse project led to a rare decline in its fourth-quarter profit, Daily Mail notes.
- Zuckerberg describes the ‘Metaverse’ as a “virtual environment” you can enter instead of just viewing it on a screen.