The viral photos were taken during the raid at his Mar-a-Lago home.
- Former President Donald Trump says he was “set up” by members of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) during their raid on his Florida home.
- The former president referenced photos allegedly showing top secret files that were scattered around the floor of his Mar-a-Lago estate.
- According to the president in a recent interview, the scattered files marked “TOP SECRET” were put there by law enforcement.
- The photo was included in court documents after Trump requested a special master to review the documents taken from his home.
- “That they put there. It’s a set-up. It’s weaponization. And it’s inappropriate to do. It’s a bad thing for our country,” Trump said from his home in Bedminister, New Jersey, in an interview published Thursday.
- The former president went on to say that the raid “was a terrible thing” and that it had a big impact on the population. I think it’s boomeranged, and very negatively, on them.”
- Trump’s request for a special master to review the documents taken during the FBI raid was granted by Federal Judge Aileen Cannon earlier this week.
- During the argument about the request, attorneys from the Department of Justice said their filter team had already looked at the documents taken during the raid.
- Included in the FBI sweep were the former president’s medical paperwork, passports, and tax records.