Devastating effects particularly for those in special operations.
- Several current and former members of the U.S. military are raising concerns about what they call a culture that prioritizes “wokeness” over training and combat effectiveness.
- Military members who spoke to the media did so requesting anonymity for the purpose of speaking freely.
- The service members pointed out that President Biden’s Secretary of the Army has defended the entity’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs this week as “important.”
- “The military is extremely woke,” one service member told Fox News Digitial recently, while another said the leadership in the Army specifically, is very “woke.”
- The military members who spoke to journalists are pointing to the current cultural situation for recruiting challenges which have reached record-breaking levels for the all-volunteer force.
SERVICE MEMBERS’ TAKE:
- The concerned military members have served with Special Operations Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, among other placements.
- “I do perceive the Army leadership as woke, and probably the lower enlisted (they have been indoctrinated in school),” said one service member. “Equity-diversity is another way to divide and control the masses. It does nothing for the warfighter.”
- Another service member said, “Merely questioning the goals or methods used to promote ‘Equity & Diversity’ is punished and that punishment is swift, harsh, and public.”
- Some military leadership have disagreed with the service members’ opinion on the status of the fighting force: “We get criticized, frankly, sometimes for being ‘woke,'” Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said at a Monday discussion with other military leaders on national security and the branch’s modernization efforts. “I’m not sure what ‘woke’ means. I think ‘woke’ means a lot of different things to different people.
- “But, first of all, if ‘woke’ means we are not focused on warfighting, we are not focused on readiness, that doesn’t reflect what I see at installations all around the country or overseas when I go and visit,” Wormuth said.
- The American Military recently made headlines when it was announced that the Biden administration would be requiring transgender-identifying individuals who were born male to register for the military draft with Selective Service, as American Faith previously reported.
- The Selective Service System site reads that almost “all male US citizens and male immigrants, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service.”