Pro-life news agency reports California governor pushing to make state an “abortion sanctuary” including incentives to med students who become abortionists.
- The state of California could be soon offering monetary incentives to medical students who become abortion providers.
- According to a report by LiveAction, a pro-life news agency, California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced expansive plans to make California an “abortion sanctuary.”
- Included in the governor’s plans is a budget proposal that offers financial incentives for abortionists.
- The Golden State’s new budget, if approved, would allocate $20 million to pay off student loans for practicing abortion providers or offer scholarships for medical students who pledge to become abortionists.
MORE ON CALIFORNIA’S ABORTION POLICIES:
- Newsom’s proposal would also subsidize abortions for low-income and underprivileged women who wish to end their pregnancies.
- The governor launched The California Future of Abortion Council, which is a group of more than 40 abortionists who have worked with policymakers to create a list of 45 recommendations to the state to help keep abortionists in business, according to a report by LiveAction.
- The CFAC created the plan to pay student costs for abortionists and CEO of Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California Jodi Hicks said they are “looking at how to build capacity and build a workforce,” in their state. She called the effort an “investment with the state.”
- California announced late last year that it plans to be a “sanctuary” for abortion rights, should some of the more rigorous challenges to national abortion law find success.
- “We are looking at ways to support that inevitability [of women traveling to California for abortions] and looking at ways to expand our protections,” Newsom said.
- In 2019 a California bill included verbiage that required colleges to distribute abortion drugs, according to Breitbart News.