Emergency teams are growing increasingly pessimistic as they find no new signs of survival.
Ten more bodies have been pulled from the rubble of a Miami building that collapsed two weeks ago, bringing the total death count to 46, authorities have said.
Miami-Dade assistant fire chief Raide Jadallah told family members in a private briefing on Wednesday that additional human remains had also been found in the destroyed building.
It comes as the search for victims reached its 14th consecutive day.
Mr Jadallah also revealed that no new “voids” have been discovered so far in areas that became accessible for the first time after the remaining portion of the condo building was demolished on Sunday night.
Rescuers had hoped to find new pockets where there might potentially be survivors.
Crews “did some significant removal of the pile”, he said.
“They were able to get down to various areas to inspect.”