“You are not alone,” says an association of police officers from all the territories of Switzerland.
- A group of Swiss police officers warned in a letter that lockdown measures violate fundamental human rights.
- Members of the group said they would “no longer apply” Covid-19 lockdown measures those measures “oppose the general opinion of the population,” according to 20 Minutes, a French-language newspaper in Switzerland.
- The group calls itself an “association of police officers from all the cantons of Switzerland” (Google translation).
WHAT THE GROUP SAID:
- The group’s message to anti-lockdown Swiss citizens is, “You are not alone.”
- The group created a website allowing police “to announce themselves without fear of sanctions or being put aside,” notes 20 Minutes.
- According to the anonymous creators of the platform, the need to freely express your own opinion is “very great” among police officers.
LETTER WARNS POLICE OFFICERS “WILL NO LONGER” ENFORCE LOCKDOWNS:
- 20 Minutes also reports the association “sent a four-page long letter to the Swiss Federation of Police Officers (FSFP).”
- The letter criticizes current coronavirus lockdown measures.
- It warns police officers will not enforce the measures.
- “If the measures were to oppose the general opinion of the population, restricting their fundamental rights disproportionately, many police officers will no longer be willing to apply them,” the letter reads.”
- The group also asks the FSFP to demand answers from Swiss officials to “unresolved questions and to clearly oppose a possible compulsory vaccination for police officers.”