Only certain comments allowed on recently-convicted Jussie Smollett’s Instagram page.
- Jussie Smollett, recently found guilty by a Chicago jury for faking a hate crime against himself, appears to be limiting the comments section of his Instagram page to users he follows.
- This allows the convicted actor to only allow positive comments on his page, when he likely would have been inundated with negative responses following his being found guilty on five of six charges of felony disorderly conduct, falsely filing a police report claiming that he was a victim of a race-based attack in January 2019.
- Instagram allows users to limit with an “anti-hate” feature under the app’s “Privacy” section those who can make comments on their posts.
- When users not followed by Smollett attempt to comment on his posts, a notification appears on the screen reading “Comments on this post have been limited.”
- Smollett’s censoring of his Instagram page is contrasted by, for example, Donald Trump Jr.’s account, which allows anyone to comment, whether positive or negative.