A “woke” Canadian parliament member has asserted that those supporting the Freedom Convoy by saying “Honk Honk” are actually insinuating that they support Adolf Hitler.
- Canadian Parliament member Ya’ara Saks claims that the slogan “Honk Honk” being used by those associated with the trucker convoy is a euphemism for “Heil Hitler.”
- The MP has reportedly been vocal in her support of the government’s moves to take action against the Freedom Convoy members, according to MRCTV.
- Saks said Monday that anti-COVID mandate who are using the “honk honk” slogan or literally honking, to drown out other forces were associating themselves with the term “Heil Hitler” without giving any proof other than the alliteration at the time of her speech.
- “How many guns need to be seized?” Saks asked from her podium. “How much vitriol do we have to see of ‘Honk Honk’ – which is an acronym for ‘heil Hitler’ – do we need to see on social media?”
- Saks has since received excessive backlash and suffered some jokes at her experience, according to The Daily Mail. This has prompted her to post an explanation from another social media user, explaining the reasoning behind the phrase: “For those who think that ‘Honk Honk’ is some innocuous joke. I’ll just leave this here.”
- Canadian protesters are being targeted back by the Canadian government with their bank accounts being frozen and as many as 175 individuals arrested.
- According to Fox News, there has been constant harassment of the truckers, including a CNN analyst who called for the Canadian truckers’ tires to be slashed.