“The Biden administration is a disaster.”
- Former Trump campaign advisor Roger Stone appeared on Newsmax reacting to his being subpoenaed by Congress for his involvement, or lack thereof, in the Jan 6 unrest at the U.S. Capitol.
- When asked whether he believed speaking freely regarding his experience to Congress would “clarify” his “role” at the Capitol, Stone said such a move could be a “dangerous course.”
- “Unfortunately, having been through what I’ve been through, that’s an extraordinarily dangerous course. I mean, Democrats in the House illegally leaked my classified testimony, [and] they twist what you say,” Stone said.
- While Mr. Stone went on to admit that he did in fact make “misstatements” the House Intelligence Committee, he clarified that none of those misstatements “were material. None of them were relevant. None of them hid any underlying crime.”
- “So what would have been my motive to lie [to Congress]? What did I lie to cover up?” Stone asked. “The answer is ‘Nothing.’ This is yet another witch-hunt.”
- “Therefore, having been down this road before, let me say this: Been there; done that. I’ve even got the t-shirt. It says, ‘Roger Stone did nothing wrong,'” he concluded.
- Stone has elsewhere described his subpoena as “harassment,” characterizing the FBI as acting like “Joe Biden’s personal Gestapo.”
WATCH THE INTERVIEW CLIP:
Jon Fleetwood is Managing Editor for American Faith and author of “An American Revival: Why American Christianity Is Failing & How to Fix It.“