- Republicans joined in a letter: ‘A Call For American Renewal’
- Signatures include former governors, ambassadors, and Republican Party chairmen
- Demands party returns to a rational party, supports free minds, markets, people
- Release comes a day after Republicans ousted Liz Cheney from leadership
- They call for the nation to ‘reimagine a party dedicated to our founding ideals’
- The signers attack ‘disenfranchisement of voters’ and ‘reject populism’
- Former President Trump attacked them as ‘losers’ and ‘RINOs’
- Comes as Cheney won’t rule out run for president to stop ‘unfit’ Trump
More than 150 Republicans have signed on to a letter calling for people to ‘reimagine a party dedicated to our founding ideals or else hasten the creation of such an alternative’ – signaling the possible formation of a third party as former President Trump cements his takeover of the GOP.
The letter, organized by former ‘Anonymous’ op-ed author Miles Taylor and former CIA officer Evan McMullin, mentions the ouster Wednesday of former GOP conference chair Rep. Liz Cheney.
It raises the possibility of a complete break with the GOP and the creation of a third party in the face of what the signers term ‘despotism.’