House Republicans released a new report alleging politicization in the FBI and Department of Justice.
- House Republicans released a report Friday claiming ‘misconduct’ within the FBI and Department of Justice.
- “The Federal Bureau of Investigation, under the stewardship of Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Merrick Garland, is broken,” the GOP report reads. “The problem lies not with the majority of front-line agents who serve our country, but with the FBI’s politicized bureaucracy.”
- The report includes detailed accounts from whistleblowers who say FBI leadership is “rotted at its core” and represents a “systemic culture of unaccountability.”
- “Americans deserve to have confidence that the enormous power and reach of federal law enforcement will be used fairly and free of any indication of politicization,” the report says.
GOP REPORT OUTLINING MISCONDUCT AT THE FBI AND DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE:
“The potential abuse of this power, or even the appearance of abuse, erodes the fundamental principle of equality under the law and confidence in the rule of law,” the report states.
- In August 2022, Fox News host Brian Kilmeade detailed how FBI agents and employees from the Department of Justice were allowing Democrats to live like they were “above the law” relating to the raid at former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago.
- “I know President Trump is often his own worst enemy, but he’s not public enemy number one. And his friends and his allies should not be paying the price for being loyal. The president lost the election, but accrued more votes than any Republican in history — 74 million–plus,” Kilmeade said at the time. “He and his voters don’t want a free pass. They want a fair pass. Democrats love to preach that no one is above the law, but their politicized, broken DOJ and FBI allows them to live like they are, in fact, above the law.”
- While Democrats claimed the agency was holding Trump accountable for “wrongdoing,” Republicans accused the Department of Justice of “political weaponization” over the incident.
- “The raid of MAL is another escalation in the weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents, while people like Hunter Biden get treated with kid gloves,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said at the time. “Now the Regime is getting another 87k IRS agents to wield against its adversaries? Banana Republic.”