Bowser called it a “humanitarian crisis.”
- District of Columbia Mayor Murial Bowser (D) has asked for the National Guard to aid with the influx of illegal aliens who have taken up residence in her city.
- Bowser called the move of border state governors like Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) bussing illegal immigrants to her city a “humanitarian crisis.”
- “We need the Guard to help with the humanitarian crisis that we expect to escalate. The number of people crossing the border seeking asylum, we expect to only go up,” Bowser said, adding, “We need to make sure that there is a national response, not an ad hoc city by city, state by state response.”
- Bowser has historically pushed for the nation to accept illegal immigrants as a human rights issue but says the National Guard is needed in D.C. indefinitely.
- Migrants have come from Texas and Arizona causing Bowser to vocally complain about the migrant surge, suggesting that the immigrants are being “tricked” into coming to her city.
OTHER DEMOCRAT MAYORS’ PROBLEMS WITH ILLEGALS:
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams (D) also voiced concern about the rising level of migrants being sent to his city: “Our system was inundated with those who were seeking shelter because of the callousness of the states that pushed them out. We’re here. We’re receiving them, and everyone is going to have to be on board,” Adams said earlier this week.
- He added, “Our schools are going to be impacted, our healthcare system is going to be impacted, our infrastructure is going to be impacted. But we’re going to be willing to do our job – We’re going to do our job, and we’re going to need all New Yorkers to be with us.”
- Bowser’s frustration comes after Texas Gov. Abbott (R) promised to begin sending illegal aliens to Washington D.C. to the front yards of the federal politicians who have refused to create a stricter border.
- Texas began bussing illegal aliens to D.C. months ago, tweeting after the first bus arrived: “First Texas bus drops off illegal immigrants blocks from US Capitol in Washington, DC. Biden refuses to come see the mess he’s made at the border. So Texas is bringing the border to him,” Abbott added.