Around 80% of Americans said they believe the unborn have the right to life.
- A recent poll by Americans United for Life showed that almost 90% of those surveyed say that life begins before birth.
- The majority say that it begins at conception, and about the same amount say that children have the right to protection from violence.
- Eighty percent of those polled say the unborn have the right to be born, indicating the increasing gulf between abortion advocates and pro-lifers.
- Pro-life advocates have been looking to have abortion rights overturned since the 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade where the court legalized abortion nationwide.
- In the 50 years since that time the media has pushed the pro-abortion narrative, insisting that babies are not alive in the womb.
MIXED MESSAGING ABOUT ABORTION:
- Experts believe that pro-abortion messaging has caused confusion among Americans, as the same poll indicated that around 51% of those polled say that abortion “ends the life of a human before birth.
- This is despite a large majority holding the belief that life begins at conception and 80% holding to the idea that babies have a right to be born.
- More recently, propaganda about killing the unborn being part of health care even uses phrases such as “abortion care,” as if abortion is a thing to be protected and cared for.
- “The pregnant woman cannot be isolated in her privacy,” wrote Justice Harry Blackmun in his majority opinion in Roe, because abortion eliminates “children in the womb.”