Video says prescription drugs can “delay” changes.
- Planned Parenthood released a cartoon targeting children advertising puberty-blocking pharmaceuticals.
- The video was posted to Twitter by Inside the Classroom, a watchdog group focusing on child indoctrination and grooming who attributed the video to Planned Parenthood.
- Imagery shows figures of seeming pre-teens and teen kids and says if a child is “trans, intersex or non-binary,” puberty might affect them differently.
- In the cartoon, reportedly created by the progressive abortion provider, the voice-over then promotes taking drugs to “delay puberty for a while.”
- Concern about these drugs has been on the rise due to the lack of long-term research about their impact.
- Research in short-term studies has demonstrated their link to mental and emotional problems as well as increased confusion surrounding puberty.
- Some of the most extensive studies to date have indicated the drugs could cause sterilization, reduced bone density, cognitive problems, increased body fat percentage and body mass index, decreased lean body mass, and arterial hypertension.
WHAT THE VIDEO SAYS:
- “There is no one size fits all puberty experience,” the video claims, adding, “Some people decide on hormones or surgeries to help their bodies match up to their gender identities or how they feel inside about themselves. Your gender identity is real. You should be the one to decide what changes you want to make to your body.”
- “If you’re transgender or nonbinary, you may find that your puberty experiences don’t line up with your gender identity. That feeling can be uncomfortable, scary, and stressful. If that sounds like you, know that you’re not alone,” the video further claims.
- “There are medicines you can take to delay puberty for a while,” the video further asserts. “They work like a stop sign, by holding the hormones testosterone and estrogen that cause puberty changes like facial hair growth and periods. Puberty blockers are safe and can give you more time to figure out what feels right for you, your body, and your gender identity.”
- Planned Parenthood has taken on a role outside of just advising mothers on how to terminate their pregnancies.
- The Planned Parenthood website now features a “Learn” tab where viewers can learn about all sorts of things, such as gender identity.
- Their cartoon characters are included there as well, including in the “Transgender” section, featuring a green-haired individual with a see-through shirt to help teach about how some people “feel that the sex they were assigned at birth doesn’t match their gender identity.”