Trump’s children are being sued over property evaluation.
- New York Attorney General Letitia James is suing Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump Kushner, and Eric Trump following a long investigation.
- The years-long investigation by games alleges the three children of former President Donald Trump undervalued properties for better loan rates, insurance policies, and taxes.
- If successful, James’ civil suit would bar the three oldest children from servicing as the execute es in any company in the state of New York.
- It would also bar the Trump organization from buying commercial real estate or getting loans from financial institutions in New York for five years.
- The suit comes less than two months before mid-term elections as both Republicans and Democrats fight to gain control in state and federal government.
RESPONSE FROM THE TRUMPS:
- Alina Habba, an attorney representing the Trump family’s interest said the suit is not focused on facts or law: “[R]ather, it is solely focused on advancing the Attorney General’s political agenda. It is abundantly clear that the Attorney General’s Office has exceeded its statutory authority by prying into transactions where absolutely no wrongdoing has taken place,” Habba said in a statement.
- “We are confident that our judicial system will not stand for this unchecked abuse of authority, and we look forward to defending our client against each and every one of the Attorney General’s meritless claims,” Habba said.
- Shortly after news broke, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted, speaking more bluntly on the issue saying “The [expletive] Dem witch-hunt continues!” and accompanying his tweet with a video of James vowing to sue President Trump.
- James had previously promised to sue former President Donald Trump on multiple occasions, saying he would know her name “personally” and that she looked forward to “suing him and then going home.”
- The New York attorney general argues the Trump family made their money at the expense of other New Yorkers and called him an “existential threat” and “crazy” while he was in the White House.