Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces the ‘Protect Children’s Innocence Act’ and is calling on Republicans for support.
- Green introduced a bill last week called the ‘Protect Children’s Innocence Act,’ making it a felony to distribute puberty blockers to children or to perform sex-changing surgeries on them.
- “Under my Protect Children’s Innocence Act, anyone involved in acts of physical mutilation to minors under 18 will be guilty of a felony and can go to jail,” Green wrote on Twitter. “These procedures for profit permanently disfigure kids before they even know what they want to do when they grow up.”
- The act, according to the Representative, would implement a Class C felony charge “for any person involved in so-called gender-affirming care.”
MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE ON GAINING SUPPORT FOR HER NEW BILL FROM REPUBLICANS:
“You know, I should have every Republican co-sponsor, but unfortunately, I don’t yet,” Greene said.
- Gender affirming care for minors has become a hot topic in political conversation across the country over the past few months.
- The California legislative committee is considering a bill that would make California a sanctuary state for children throughout the country otherwise forbidden to receive transgender treatment and surgery in their home states.
- In May 2022, transgender Assistant Secretary of Health Rachel Levine said all pediatricians believe in the importance of “gender affirming care” during an interview with NPR.
- Greene’s new bill would prohibit places of higher education from instructing students on gender-affirming care and ban doctors that have provided such care from receiving visas or being admitted to the United States.