New poll shows more than half of Democrats don’t want President Biden to run for a second term in 2024.
- A new poll reveals Democrats prefer a candidate other than Joe Biden to be the 2024 presidential nominee, The Daily Wire reported.
- “Looking two years off, just 35 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents favor Biden for the 2024 nomination; 56 percent want the party to pick someone else,” a news release stated. “Republicans and GOP-leaning independents, for their part, split 47-46 percent on whether Donald Trump should be their 2024 nominee – a 20-point drop for Trump compared with his 2020 nomination.”
- The low polling for President Biden could impact how Americans vote in the upcoming midterm elections, with a variety of polls showing Republicans leading in key House races.
TRUMP IS GOP CHOICE:
- Among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, Trump is favored by 47% for the presidential nominee in 2024, according to a Washington Post-ABC poll released Sunday.
- Between Biden and Trump, the survey found registered voters give Trump a 2-point advantage.
- “There’s no doubt that Democrats and their operatives in government are going to throw anything they can against the wall so they don’t lose in 2022 and 2024. But the people are fired up and the odds are with Trump and the Republicans now,” RedState reported last month.
- Former White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Democrats will “lose” the midterms if the election is a referendum on President Biden.
- “If it is a referendum on the president, they will lose, and they know that,” Psaki said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday. “They also know that crime is a huge vulnerability for Democrats – I would say one of the biggest vulnerabilities.”