Federal agents seized his phone earlier in the week.
- MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is suing the United States government after agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) seized his phone earlier this week.
- The agents took Lindell’s phone on Tuesday while at a fast food drive-thru in Minnesota, according to the business owner.
- Reports indicate that the search was in relation to the information in his possession regarding the 2020 presidential election equipment data.
DETAILS OF LINDELL’S SUIT:
- Lindell said the lawsuit “isn’t just to get the phone back” but primarily an issue of principle because he believes his “First, Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights were broken.”
- “We’re going to go to places no man has gone before” with this lawsuit, Lindell said. “This will set a precedent. This has to stop.”
- The business owner told Real America’s Voice on Thursday that he is represented by “some of the best attorneys in the country,” which includes liberal constitutional scholar and Harvard Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz.
- Lindell reportedly told the officers that he needed the phone to “run five companies” since he uses the device as his personal computer. He was also not given a chance to back up the phone.
- The actions of the FBI were “disgusting” and “garbage,” according to Lindell.
- The businessman and Trump supporter told conservatives that “[o]ver 54 countries have now been taken by the machines or are getting taken by the machines! And you never get to go back!”
- “Venezuela, Australia, they’re gone!” he exclaimed. “You don’t get to vote out the machines once they’re there!”