Republican Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband filed for divorce this week.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband, Perry Greene, filed for divorce from the Georgia Representative Tuesday.
- After spending 27 years together and having three adult children, Greene’s husband reportedly wants to split their assets and debts equally, TMZ reported.
- “Marjorie has been my best friend for the last 29 years and she has been an amazing mom! Our family is our most important thing we have done,” Greene told the outlet. “As we go on different paths we will continue to focus on our 3 incredible kids and their future endeavors and our friendship.”
- It is unclear what specifically led to their separation, according to TMZ.
MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE ON THE SPLIT:
“Marriage is a wonderful thing and I’m a firm believer in it. Together, Perry and I formed our family and raise three great kids,” the congresswoman said. “I’ll always be grateful for how great of a dad he is to our children.”
- Greene, an outspoken supporter of former President Donald Trump, represents Georgia’s 14th congressional district. The Christian conservative is known for making strongly worded, often controversial statements.
- Last month, the congresswoman filed articles of impeachment against Attorney General Merrick Garland for investigating former president Donald Trump.
- The Georgia Republican announced the resolution amid ongoing outrage at Republicans over the FBI raid at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home.