University seeing high enrollment.
- Liberty University (LU) plans to stand against progressivism by promoting biblical values, according to Ryan Helfenbein, the university’s vice president of communications and public engagement.
- Helfenbein made his comments Tuesday on the “Todd Starns Show,” where he also praised the leadership of university president Jerry Prevo.
- The communications officer said that the university plans to continue “training champions for Christ,” which is the university’s motto.
- LU’s plan seems to be flourishing, as they reportedly welcomed their second-largest incoming freshman class of all time.
- The school also broke a record last fall, when it welcomed more transfer residential students than at any time in the school’s history.
HELFENBEIN’S COMMENTS IN PART:
“I want to give credit to Dr. Jerry Prevo who is basically recasting the vision of Dr. Falwell, biblically based,” Helfenbein said. “We stand unapologetically on the Word of God, and we’re not afraid to go right on the cutting edge of cultural front line issues and training that next generation against, you know, all the machinations of the woke left but doing so with the Word of God, something that doesn’t change regardless of where the culture might rest,” Helfenbein continued, adding, “We’re standing firm.”
- Liberty University was founded by Rev. Jerry Falwell, who began to form his plan for the college in the early 1970s as a way for individuals in various professions to be trained in a Christian environment.
- LU is now an accredited evangelical liberal arts institution with 15 colleges and schools, over 100,000 students, and 700+ programs of study from the certificate to the doctoral level, 450 of which are available to students worldwide through online programs.
- LU’s “Who We Are” section outlines its mission, stating that “Liberty University trains pilots, counselors, CEOs, nurses, teachers, artists, law enforcement personnel, pastors—professionals in almost every field who love God, serve others in their communities, and are the best at what they are called to be. Liberty University trains Champions for Christ.