“Slowly but surely, state by state, Donald Trump is lining up his lackeys across the country to ensure he has the pawns to rig the presidential election in 2024,” MoveOn’s mass email reads.
- In a mass email sent to subscribers, progressive advocacy group ‘MoveOn‘ told its readers that President Donald J. Trump and his “lackeys” were planning to “rig” the 2024 U.S. presidential election without citing any evidence.
- The email comes after years of backlash from the left against Trump and his followers’ claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.
- “Slowly but surely, state by state, Donald Trump is lining up his lackeys across the country to ensure he has the pawns to rig the presidential election in 2024,” the email read, before explaining that the group had “made the unprecedented decision to invest $30 million into the midterms this fall.”
- “We knew early on that this year was going to be like no other, and we have been preparing for months to confront it head-on. To turn out exactly the voters who will turn the tide on the primary results of a MAGA Republican Party,” the email went on to say. “The general elections are next, and we can defeat Trump, just as we did in 2020—but only if we come together.”
- The MoveOn email then asked recipients to donate $5 per month to the organization so that it has the “resources to stop Trump and his acolytes. As his hand-picked marionettes win Republican primary after Republican primary, MoveOn has the plan to stop him.”
- Back in 2019, MoveOn tweeted that President Trump was trying to “steal the 2020 election,” again without citing any evidence.
- MoveOn’s email lays out the organization’s “plan” to take down the right, including organizing a ground game, utilizing “digital strategies,” targeting specific states, and mobilizing voters:
- “Organize on the ground to build our activist base (ongoing since the beginning of 2022).”
- “Use innovative digital strategies to define our opponents early and rally Democrats and progressives (started months ago).”
- “Blanket carefully targeted states and districts with ads with strategic messaging (testing has begun).”
- “Get our target voters to the polls to defeat Trump’s election deniers, insurrectionists, and fake electors (October 1-November 8).”
- MoveOn Political Action has endorsed and actively supported leftist candidates for elected office, including Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, and Joe Biden.
- “Whether it’s supporting a candidate, fighting to pass legislation, or working to change our culture, MoveOn members are committed to an inclusive and progressive future,” MoveOn’s website reads. “We envision a world marked by equality, sustainability, justice, and love. And we mobilize together to achieve it.”
- “MoveOn members are a force for social justice and political progress. We come from all 50 states and all walks of life. Together, we are at once large and nimble, targeting our resources purposefully, yet pivoting quickly as we identify new opportunities for change and mobilize to seize them. Our rapid-response organizing and campaigning, communications interventions, digital innovation, rigorous data science and testing, and culture of grassroots participation have repeatedly combined to produce real-world impact, changing outcomes and making our country better.”