LeBron’s remake of “Space Jam: A New Legacy” won three awards including Worst Actor, Worst Screen Combo and Worst Remake at this year’s Golden Raspberry Awards.
- The movie, which was a remake of the popular 90’s film Space Jam that featured Michael Jordan, was nominated for multiple categories at this year’s ceremony.
- “Space Jam: A New Legacy,” received widespread negative responses, with James winning worst actor for his role.
- The NBA star did not attend the ceremony, and is currently in the middle of a lowest scoring career season with the Los Angeles Lakers.
CRITICS OF LEBRON ON HIS WIN FOR WORST ACTOR:
“Well deserved @KingJames. Horrible actor both on and off the court and you’re finally getting recognized!”
- The Golden Raspberry Awards honors the worst movies in the industry every year, with this year marking its 42nd annual show.
- Critics of the movie took to Twitter to express their disapproval, stating James’ claims that racism was the reason for its low ratings was false.
- “So @KingJames says Space Jam 2 isn’t doing good at the box office because of racism & has nothing to do with the fact that he’s not a liked person, lol. Guess that’s why the 1st Space Jam did horrible too, oh wait,” one user tweeted.