The news comes on the heels of West’s public statement that “white lives matter.”
- J.P. Morgan Chase bank has officially severed ties with rapper Kanye West shortly after racially charged comments from the entertainer.
- According to some reports, in addition to his headline-grabbing “white lives matter” t-shirt, which he wore to Paris fashion week, the rapper has also made several anti-Semitic statements.
- Commentator Candace Owens reported West’s situation saying, “Earlier today I learned that @kanyewest was officially kicked out of JP Morgan Chase bank.”
- Owens expanded on her comments about the banking company’s decision saying, I was told there was no official reason given, but they sent this letter as well to confirm that he has until late November to find another place for the Yeezy empire to bank,” Owens tweeted.
- Another report indicated that West has made several race-based comments, including that he planned to go “death con [sic] 3 on JEWISH PEOPLE” which resulted in restrictions on social media.
FROM THE BANK:
- While the bank didn’t offer a reason, they did give a confirmation that Yeezy, LLC, West’s company, was no longer welcome: “We are sending this letter to confirm our recent discussion with [redacted] that J.P. Morgan Chase Bank has decided to end its banking relationship with Yeezy, LLC and its affiliated entities,” the notice said.
- “To provide the company with sufficient time to transition to another financial institution, we will continue to maintain the accounts … including all related products and services until November 21, 2022,” the bank went on.
- “To avoid any transaction delays, we suggest that you stop processing Company transactions and/or using any products associated with the accounts five business days before the scheduled closure date set forth above. After that date, the bank will close any open accounts and after deductions of any permission service changes and pending transactions, remit all remaining funds in the form of a check delivered to the company at the address of record,” the financial institution continued.
- JPMorgan Chase has a reputation for progressive ideologies, including their offer to pay for expenses related to their employees’ abortions.
- The banking institution also froze donations to Republicans who contested the 2020 election results in the summer of 2021.