Number of illegal immigrants attempting to cross the southern border up 63% over February 2021.
- Data from the United States border with Mexico indicates that illegal immigrant crossing arrests are up more than 60% over February of 2021.
- According to a report by The Epoch Times, border agents made 164,973 arrests this February, compared to 101,099 in Feb 2021
- Feb 2020 saw less than 37,000 arrests, and there were around 76,500 in Feb 2019.
- RJ Hauman, head of government relations and communications at the Federation for American Immigration Reform, said that February’s statistic confirms that the current administration is not securing the border.
CHANGES IN BORDER SECURITY:
- Since taking office, Biden has loosed some of the measures former President Donald Trump had activated to slow the stream of migrants.
- Included in his change to policies is the current president’s decision to curb the use of expulsion powers and cut deportations of those who enter the United States illegally.
- Hauman said that Biden’s policies “are trying to build upon a historic crisis and make mass migration the new normal.”
- Rep. Pete Stauber (R-Minn.) wrote on Twitter, “Numbers don’t lie: this was the worst February on record in over 2 decades!”
- A query that was sent to the Department of Homeland Security requesting comment from department head Alejandro Mayorkas was not returned to The Epoch Times.
- The White House also didn’t respond to the publication’s request for comment.