The network promised to return to Trump’s speech when “news warrants” it.
- Fox News cut away from former President Donald Trump’s live 2024 campaign announcement on Tuesday evening.
- The network promised they would return to the coverage when “news warrants,” signaling disdain from the news outlet toward the former president.
- Trump spoke for over an hour, promising to “stand tall in the storm” and saying his announcement marked the beginning of “America’s comeback.”
- Fox News broke away from his comments on several occasions, and host Laura Ingrahm at one point even said she thought the speech was no longer “newsworthy.”
- Ingraham later returned to the speech, telling viewers the network would “dip back in and see what he’s still saying.”
FOX NEWS’ RUPERT MURDOCK SAYS HE ‘CANNOT BACK’ TRUMP:
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdock said he won’t be backing former President Donald Trump for president in his second bid for the office in his recently announced 2024 bid.
- Murdoch allegedly cited the midterm elections’ unfavorable results as the major reason he cannot support the businessman-turned-third politician’s attempt for the president.
- Fox News published an article asserting that “moments before Trump’s announcement, DeSantis receives standing ovation at Republican confab.”
- The publication reported that the Florida governor announced he was launching his 2024 White House bid on Tuesday evening and cited a source that claimed he spoke about his “impressive re-election campaign,” in his announcement.
Jon Fleetwood contributed to this report.