LGBTQ professing Kids “will be asked to leave the school immediately.”
- Grace Christian School in Valrico, Florida, near Tampa, sent a letter regarding school policy, informing parents that students will only be referred to by the sex assigned at birth.
- Administrator Barry McKeen sent the letter to parents on June 6 which stated that in accordance with scripture, they would only call students by the “gender on their birth certificates.”
- Additionally, pupils who are gay, transgender, or gender nonconforming “will be asked to leave the school immediately.”
- McKeen has chosen not to talk to reporters about the issue, but said in a video statement that the school’s decision was “rooted in scripture.”
- While the policies outlined in the letter are reportedly not new, the email states that parents need to fully understand and accept them. Parents “have to agree to all policies and procedures before your student may start school in August,” the letter explained.
- The pastor of the hosting church also pointed out in his response to media coverage that “almost every Christian School has such a policy,” and that “God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He does not change.”
PORTIONS OF THE LETTER SENT TO PARENTS:
- “We believe that God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different but with equal dignity,” the email said.
- “Therefore, one’s biological sex must be affirmed and no attempts should be made to physically change, alter, or disagree with one’s biological gender — including, but not limited to, elective sex reassignment, transvestite, transgender, or non-binary gender fluid acts of conduct (Genesis 1:26-28). Students in school will be referred to by the gender on their birth certificate and be referenced in name in the same fashion.”
- The letter continued: “We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, transgender identity/lifestyle, self-identification, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful in the sight of God and the church (Genesis 2:24; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; I Corinthians 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:2-7).”
- “Students who are found participating in these lifestyles will be asked to leave the school immediately.”
- The news comes just months after LGBTQ college students alleged that they received discriminatory treatment at religious schools in the U.S.
- A report noted that over 100,000 students at these schools self-identify as being part of the LGBTQ community.