“Texas should not have to bear the burden of the Biden Administration’s failure to secure our border,” says Gov. Abbott.
- A bus filled with migrants arrived in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday morning and unloaded blocks from the Capitol, Breitbart News reports.
- The bus traveled from Texas under recent orders from Governor Greg Abbott.
- The Texas Division of Emergency Management loaded migrants who volunteered to make the trip to D.C. earlier this week, the migrants reportedly boarding in the Del Rio Border Patrol Sector.
- “As the federal government continues to turn a blind eye to the border crisis, the State of Texas will remain steadfast in our efforts to fill in the gaps and keep Texans safe,” Governor Abbott said in a written statement. “By busing migrants to Washington, D.C., the Biden Administration will be able to more immediately meet the needs of the people they are allowing to cross our border. Texas should not have to bear the burden of the Biden Administration’s failure to secure our border.”
WHAT ABBOTT SAID LAST WEEK:
- Abbott announced last week that migrants would be voluntarily sent to the nation’s capital so that the Biden Administration could “immediately address the needs of the people that they are allowing to come across our border.”
- He also ordered the state to charter flights to transport migrants to the nation’s capital after they have been processed by the Department of Homeland Security, according to the Texas Tribune.
- Fox News claimed the migrants are citizens of Colombia, Cuba, Nicaragua, and Venezuela, and that the group consisted of single adults and some family units.
- Officials were seen scanning barcoded wristbands and then removing the bands before letting the migrants leave the scene.
- The exact number of migrants released near the U.S. Capitol is not known at this time, Breitbart notes.