Liberal activists are frustrated.
- Less medical students are being taught to abort unborn children, which is a bad trajectory for the abortion industry but good for mothers and newborns.
- The alleged issue was recently brought to light by the politically left-leaning news outlet Salon, which spoke with a pro-abortion physician.
- The physical who thinks that every OB-GYN should be required to learn how to terminate unborn kids as part of their training.
- Since the goal of the medical field is to save and heal lives, some medical schools don’t currently teach abortion, let alone train doctors to go into the practice.
- The end of federal protections for abortion rights with the overturn of Roe v. Wade is also thought likely to discourage doctors to pursue the field.
SOME REASONS FOR THE DOWNTURN:
- The 2018 National Academies Press report stated that “abortion training is not universally available to physicians or APCs [advanced practice clinicians] who intend to provide reproductive health services.”
- Additionally, “religiously owned nonprofit hospitals,” many of which are affiliated with the Catholic Church, prohibit abortions, according to Salon.
- Doctors and residents provide healthcare for mothers and other women, but they do not perform abortions because doing so is frequently not considered a kind of medical treatment.
- Pro-life OB-GYNs dispute the assertion made by pro-abortion campaigners that fewer abortion training programs will result in fewer women having access to healthcare.
- Dr. Christina Francis, board chair of the American Association of Pro-Life OB-GYNs, asserted earlier this year that pro-life laws do not prevent medical professionals like herself from offering women life-saving care.
- Laws that forbid or restrict abortions permit the treatment of miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies and make exceptions in cases when the mother’s life is in danger.