The former Fox correspondent was asked about former network’s process of reporting on a tragedy like the Buffalo, New York shooting.
- Former Fox News reporter Carl Cameron said on Tuesday that The Biden administration should jail Americans for spreading misinformation, during an appearance on MSNBC.
- Cameron was part of a panel discussing Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s implication in the motivation behind the Buffalo, New York shooting that ended in the deaths of 10 people.
- Blame for the shooting has recently fallen to political pundits, particularly Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, saying that his partisan approach to addressing identity politics has lit a fire under bad actors, like the shooter.
- Some publications were also under the impression that the shooter was a Republican, a notion that was later dispelled.
CAMERON’S EXCHANGE WITH THE MSNBC ANCHOR:
- “What happens at Fox News when something like this happens?” MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace asked Cameron during a segment, when she laid blame on Tucker Carlson for the mass shooting in Buffalo.
- “I can’t even imagine. Partly the reason why I ended up getting out of there,” Cameron said of Carlson and Fox News.
- “We got to watch out because the Republicans have become the purveyors of misinformation and when our two-party system is broken like that, democracy is seriously in trouble — the president acknowledged that it’s time to actually start doing things and maybe taking some names and putting people in jail,” Cameron went on to say.
- Cameron offered a little more background on why he believes “misinformation” should be treated so harshly, saying the two-party system and the way it’s being run at this time in history threatens democracy.
- “We’ve got to watch out because Republicans have become the purveyors of misinformation. When the two-party system is broken like that, democracy Is seriously in trouble,” he said.