Billionaire and Tesla founder Elon Musk said he found Jesus Christ’s teachings to be wise during an interview with the Babylon Bee last month.
- When speaking with Babylon Bee, a conservative Christian satire news website, Elon Musk shared that he would be saved if Jesus is saving people and agreed with his teachings.
- CEO Seth Dillion, editor-in-chief Kyle Mann and former creative director Ethan Nicolle sat down with Musk for an in-depth interview on a variety of popular topics such as “wokeness” and taxing the rich.
- When Nicolle asked him if he would be willing to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through a quick prayer, Musk responded, “If Jesus is saving people, I won’t stand in his way,” adding, “Sure. I’ll be saved. Why Not?”
WHAT ELON MUSK SAID:
- “I agree with the principles that Jesus advocated,” said Musk, adding, “There’s some great wisdom in the teachings of Jesus, and I agree with those teachings,” pointing out forgiveness and the Golden Rule of loving your neighbor as yourself.
- “Things like turn the other cheek are very important, as opposed to an eye for an eye. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind,” he went on to say.
- The Blaze reported that in 2013, Musk expressed his concern with religious beliefs and the contradition between science and faith to actor Rainn Wilson during a short one-on-one interview.
- However, The Christian Post reported in 2020 that Elon Musk admitted to have prayed about his Space X project. “You know, I’m not very religious, but I prayed for this one,” Musk said during a speech after a cargo spacecraft splash landing at the time.