Democrats “refuse to hold Hunter accountable for his shady business dealings,” House GOP says.
- Democrats on the House Oversight Committee stopped a Republican-backed subpoena to force Hunter Biden to testify as a witness, The Epoch Times reports.
- “Democrats just denied our motion to subpoena Hunter Biden,” the GOP members of the committee wrote on Twitter. “They refuse to hold Hunter accountable for his shady business dealings that make us more dependent on China for renewable energy. It’s past time for accountability.”
BIDEN ADMIN DENIES HUNTER BROKE THE LAW:
- Over the past weekend, Biden’s chief of staff Ron Klain related to ABC News that the president maintains that Hunter Biden did not violate the law, Epoch Times notes.
- “Of course the president’s confident that his son didn’t break the law. But, most importantly, as I said, that’s a matter that’s going to be decided by the Justice Department, by the legal process. It’s something that no one at the White House has involvement in,” Klain remarked after a question from ABC host George Stephanopoulos.
- Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) made a move to subpoena President Joe Biden’s son as a witness at its hearing about making all U.S. Postal Service (USPS) vehicles electric.
- “I just made a motion to subpoena Hunter Biden as a witness for the House Oversight and Reform Committee’s hearing on electrifying [the USPS],” Biggs wrote on Twitter. “Hunter sold a U.S. cobalt mine to a Chinese company. Cobalt is necessary for electric car production. Hunter’s expertise is invaluable!”