“Environmentalists” Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were seen this week leaving a private jet in New York.
- Outspoken “climate activists” Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were spotted this week disembarking from a private jet at a New York airport.
- The Duch and Duchess of Sussex have been adamant about “saving the environment” and encouraging others to do the same.
- “There is a ticking clock to protect our planet — with climate change, the deterioration of our natural resources, endangerment of sacred wildlife, the impact of plastics and microplastics, and fossil fuel emissions, we are jeopardizing this beautiful place we call home — for ourselves and for future generations,” the couple said in a joint social media post. “Let’s save it. Let’s do our part.”
- In addition, the two lead a California-based organization called Archewell that aims to achieve net-zero emissions in the state by the end of the decade.
- Earlier last week, Markle was also seen exiting a private jet after attending a female empowerment conference in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Aviation produces just under one billion tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually, accounting for 2.5% of global CO2 pollution, Time reported citing Our World in Data. But together with other gases and water vapor trails, the aircraft industry is responsible for around 5% of so-called “global warming,” according to BBC.
- Celebrities emit an average of more than 3,300 metric tons of CO2 from their private jets yearly, while the average person produces just 7 metric tons.
PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE ON “CLIMATE CHANGE” AFTER FLYING IN A PRIVATE JET:
“Only now are we starting to notice and understand the damage that we’ve been causing. With nearly 7.7 billion people inhabiting this Earth, every choice, every footprint, every action makes a difference,” the two said.
- In March 2021, Markle was reportedly “networking” with top leaders of the Democratic Party and mulling a rumored presidential run in 2024.
- Around the same time, the Duchess sat down for an interview with Oprah Winfrey and claimed that she was driven out of the royal family because of “racism.”
- Former President Donald Trump said following the interview he thought Markle was “no good,” also claiming he was “not a fan” of the Duchess after she and Harry implicitly endorsed Joe Biden in the 2020 presidential election.
Jon Fleetwood contributed to this report.