Rep. Rogers pointed to the influence of outside countries on lawmakers.
- The influence of the Chinese Communist Party and other outside groups, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations (UN), was outlined in a recent report.
- The report encouraged putting an end to the United States’ involvement in the United Nations through the American Sovereignty Restoration Act (H.R. 7806).
- The act would remove the UN’s controversial headquarters, which are on United States soil, as well as protect American troops from having to serve under UN command.
- The bill is sponsored by Rep. Mike Rogers (R-AL), a conservative Republican representing eastern Alabama.
ROGERS’ STATEMENT ABOUT THE LEGISLATION:
- “The United Nations has repeatedly proven itself to be an utterly useless organization,” explained Rep. Rogers. “The UN’s founding charter states the UN’s mission ‘to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small,’” he added.
- “However, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet has proven herself to be nothing more than a puppet for the Chinese Communist Party — aiding the CCP in playing down the very real and horrifying genocide being carried out against Uyghurs.”
- The act was announced on June 6 by Rogers, and would effectively withdraw the United States from both the United Nations and the World Health Organization.
- The lawmaker asserts that the WHO assisted the CCP in their coverup of the origins of the COVID-19 virus at the start of the outbreak.