“Was Joe Biden directly involved with Hunter Biden’s business deals, and is he compromised? That’s our investigation,” said incoming House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer.
- Representatives James Comer (R-KY) and Jim Jordan (R-OH) said at a press conference Thursday that Joe Biden is directly involved with the illegal activities of his son Hunter.
- “We have evidence that the finances, credit cards, and bank accounts of Hunter and Joe Biden were co-mingled, if not shared,” stated Comer. “And on some accounts at least, red flags were raised by banks to the account owner or owners indicating suspicious or illegal activity.
- Several of the violations to be investigated include money laundering, wire fraud, defrauding the United States, and violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000.
- Comer explained the Bidens had “accumulated over one-hundred fifty SARs,” with one that “connects Hunter Biden and his business associates to international human trafficking.”
- SARs are “suspicious activity reports” filed by a bank alongside the Treasury Department when there is suspected criminal activity in the account.
- SARs were originally created post-9/11 to allow the government to track foreign transactions in the United States.
- Under presidents Bush, Obama, and Trump, any congressional committee had access to these reports.
- But the Biden Administration unexpectedly changed SAR policy, making SARs unattainable to members of congress, without explanation.
- “This is an investigation of Joe Biden, the president of the United States, and why he lied to the American people about his knowledge and participation in his family’s international business dealing schemes,” Comer said.
DETAILS FROM THE REPORT:
- Despite obstruction from the Treasury Department, “Committee Republicans obtained several SARs,” one being from JP Morgan Chase suggesting that “Hunter Biden has some connection to a sex trafficking operation and raises troubling questions about what illegal activity the SARs being withheld by the Treasury Department may reveal.”
- The original investigation stemmed from a probe into Big Tech and its “partisan behavior,” when it was learned Hunter Biden’s laptop was being suppressed.
- Among the numerous business deals investigated in the report, one describes James Biden, the president’s brother, promising Americore Health “access to a future Biden Administration and ‘the highest levels of government’—long before Joe Biden announced his candidacy.”
- The report also details the Bidens’ connections to both Russia and Ukraine, highlighting the fact that the president “largely directs American foreign policy regarding both.”
- Further national security issues are described in the Biden-linked dealings with Chinese organizations affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), including matters with the Bank of China, Chinese oil companies, and CCP-connected individuals.
- In one email included in the report, Hunter Biden writes to Chinese investors that his worth to the investors “has nothing to do with me and everything to do with my last name.”
- Regarding CCP business transactions, the report notes that “President Biden was consulted on this business deal, was made an equity partner in it, met with the management of the planned venture, and shared office space with Chinese nationals tied to the CCP.”
- “President Biden was not a bystander,” the report says, later concluding that the president “lied to the American people about his personal involvement with his family’s global business dealings.”
- Ian Sams, White House spokesman, called the probe one of many “politically-motivated attacks chock full of long-debunked conspiracy theories.”
- American Faith reported that Republican Senators presented over 200 pages of Hunter Biden’s CCP-linked bank records.
- James Comer previously called for an FBI investigation into Hunter Biden’s business partner JiaQi Bao, an individual with reported ties to the CCP.