Harry Potter author makes waves on Twitter with her anti-transgender opinions.
- Author J.K. Rowling compared the current climate of the promotion of transgender theory to the Soviet Union, according to Breitbart News.
- Rowling responded to a pro-transgender activist by quoting Czechoslovakian President Václav Havel in is 1978 essay, The Power of the Powerless.
- The world-renowned author referenced the drive for conformity in the Soviet Union, insinuating that the transgender platform of today works in similar ways, by intimidating those who don’t accept it.
ROWLING’S TWITTER EXCHANGE:
- “Ideology is a specious way of relating to the world. It offers human beings the illusion of an identity, of dignity, and of morality while making it easier for them to part with them… it enables people to deceive their conscience and conceal their true position and their inglorious modus vivendi, both from the world and from themselves,” Rowling said in her tweet.
- “Individuals need not believe all these mystifications, but they must behave as though they did, or they must at least tolerate them in silence, or get along well with those who work with them. For this reason, however, they must live within a lie. They need not accept the lie. It is enough for them to have accepted their life with it and in it.”