Secretary of State Katie Hobbs oversees own election, declares herself winner.
- On Monday, Arizona officials certified the state’s vote canvass officially declaring winners in the high-profile gubernatorial and Senate races.
- The GOP vowed to fight the election results in court.
- Arizona has become the epicenter for voter disenfranchisement allegations, election officials in the state even admitting to mishaps but not going so far as to say there was outright fraud.
- Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D), governor-elect stated, “Arizona had a successful election, but too often throughout the process, powerful voices proliferated misinformation that threatened to disenfranchise voters. Democracy prevailed, but it’s not out of the woods. 2024 will bring a host of challenges from the election denial community that we must prepare for.”
- The certification leads the way for automatic recounts to begin in three close races: attorney general, state superintendent, and a state House seat near Phoenix.
- Hobbs’s team is preparing to go before a state judge, who is poised to officially order the three recounts.
KARI LAKE AND GOP VOW TO FIGHT:
- Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake has vowed to continue fighting: “I want you to know that I am firmly in this fight with you,” Lake said.
- Republicans are expected to fight the results in court after Election Day tabulators across Maricopa County stopped working.
- That Katie Hobbs, the secretary of state, oversaw the election results, raises questions about whether the results are truthful.
- New reports tie Katie Hobbs to Twitter censorship, Trump attorney Christina Bobb claiming that she colluded with Twitter to have posts removed.
- Bobb tweeted, “Unreal! Katie Hobbs’s office contacts Twitter to have posts removed! So, the democrat candidate, who ran the AZ election, censored her political opponents, disrupted Election Day votes, and then threatened counties with prosecution if they didn’t declare her the winner.”
- Twitter account, George Behizy also reported on the leaked emails: “Email leaks reveal Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs was in regular communication with Twitter telling them who to censor.”
- “This information of course comes from the Missouri v Biden case I’ve been covering extensively. This lawsuit has uncovered so many links between big tech and the government, you would think they were virtually married,” he added.
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene tweeted in response to the claims of Twitter suppression, “I’m calling for a Federal investigation.”