A “freelance journalist” attempted to re-define the word ‘violence’ on CNN this week in an effort to excuse Antifa radicals destructing Atlanta.
- An Antifa-aligned ‘journalist’ tried to justify the chaos that took place in Atlanta, Georgia over the weekend, saying the word ‘violence’ wasn’t an accurate term for describing the group’s actions.
- “Well, I think that there’s a real blurring of the lines and the use of the word violence,” David Peisner told CNN. “Is property destruction violence? To some people it certainly is.”
- Peisner—who’s worked for CNN, The New York Times, and Rolling Stone—argued that destruction of property isn’t as bad as violence against another person.
- “But, you know, this idea that breaking windows or other acts of property destruction are the same as actual violence against humans, it’s kind of a dangerous and slippery concept,” he said.
- Prior to his interview on CNN, Peisner’s Twitter account showed that he retweeted a GoFundMe page in support of Manuel Esteban Paez Teran, the man who allegedly shot at state troopers, the catalyzing event behind the destruction that unfolded in Georgia.
- “Please donate to the family of Tortugita, murdered by GSP for defending the Weelaunee Forest and fighting to #StopCopCity,” the tweet read with an image of the man.
FREELANCE “JOURNALIST” DAVID PEISNER ON ANTIFA NOT BEING VIOLENT:
“You keep using these words ‘violent, violent, violent, violent’… The only acts of violence against people that I saw were actually police tackling protesters,” Peisner said.
- Six people were arrested on charges of domestic terrorism by Atlanta police over the weekend after Antifa activists carried out violent riots that shattered windows, destroyed police cars, and vandalized walls with graffiti. Antifa demonstrations in Atlanta took place alongside similar riots in Boston, where a monument at the Boston Common was damaged by protesters and a police officer was attacked.
- During a Monday appearance on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene announced that she plans to introduce legislation declaring Antifa a domestic terrorist organization. “It’s time to do something about Antifa. That’s why I’m going to introduce legislation to declare Antifa domestic terrorists—because they need to be taken apart,” the Republican said. “I think, honestly, America is sick and tired of Antifa,” Greene continued. “We need to investigate exactly who they are” and “who funds them.”