“So before you start sending your naughty masterpieces around the world, take some time to get friendly with photo editing, software and apps,” the book reads.
- An Anchorage, Alaska school board member defended a father speaking out against a sexualized children’s book after the vice president of the board attempted to shut the father down.
- The dad, Jay McDonald, brought a kid’s book entitled Let’s Talk About It to the school board meeting to bring up his concerns about “diversity, equity, and inclusion” (DEI) being pushed in school libraries.
- The book explains “kinks, fantasies, and porn” for young audiences and includes a discussion on how to research the topics “safely on the internet.”
- “This is a book for kids!” McDonald exclaimed.
- School board vice president Carl Jacobs stopped McDonald from further voicing his concerns, saying, “I’m going to interrupt you at this point. Just sounds like you have a concern about a book, I’d be glad to get connected to the superintendent or team to go through the appropriate processes.”
- Another board member, Dave Donley, defended McDonald and noted that he did not violate rules in voicing his concerns over the children’s book.
- In a 5-2 vote, the school board voted against McDonald speaking.
- McDonald promptly pulled his children out of the district’s schools and is now homeschooling them.
- “It’s not about one book or two books or ten books,” McDonald told Fox News Digital. “They’re pushing critical gender theory on kids starting in elementary school. They’re encouraging them to get what they call ‘gender creative,’ and they’re transitioning them in the public schools, and they’re doing it without prior notification or consent from the parents.”
PUBLIC EDUCATION WOKEISM:
- The Washington, D.C., school system is developing a new social studies curriculum to take effect in 2024-2025 that removes “problematic” and “archaic” material.
- Kindergartners will learn about “gender identity,” first-graders the basics of activism, second-graders “the geography of Indigenous nations,” third-graders “affirming spaces,” and other woke concepts.
- California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB) released a “Coping With Racism and Discrimination” guide via the Personal Growth and Counseling Center that suggests a professor “consistently not calling on you” is racist.
- The consistent indoctrination of young children across the United States public school system led Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) to reintroduce a bill terminating the U.S. Department of Education.
- “Unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. should not be in charge of our children’s intellectual and moral development,” reads a press release.