Tucker Carlson aired never-before-seen footage from the Capitol riots on Monday, exposing the truth behind the events that happened January 6, 2021.
- Fox News host Tucker Carlson obtained nearly 41,000 hours of raw footage from the January 6 riots, showing the actual events that unfolded in the nation’s capital on his show “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Monday.
- Carlson revealed a different narrative than what mainstream media has been touting for over two years, proving that the vast majority of those at the Capitol were not violent and given apparent permission by some police to enter the building.
- “By controlling the images you were allowed to view from January 6, they controlled how the public understood that day. They could lie about what happened, and you would never know the difference. Those lies had a purpose. They created a pretext for a federal crackdown on opponents of the uniparty in Washington,” Carlson said.
- While Tucker claimed some of the individuals in attendance were “hooligans” committing vandalism, the large majority of those at the Capitol were “peaceful, orderly and meek.”
- “Footage from inside the Capitol overturns the story you’ve heard about January 6,” Carlson continued. “They are not destroying the Capitol, they obviously revere the Capitol. They are there because they believe the election was stolen from them, they believe in the system.”
- In some of the footage, police officers can be seen touring Jacob Chansley, also known as “QAnon Shaman,” around the Capitol grounds, a stark contrast from the man the media has portrayed as a “terrorist.”
- Carlson revealed footage of Chansley giving thanks to the officers and praying for them on the floor of the Senate.
- “The tapes show the Capitol Police never stopped Jacob Chansley, they helped him,” Carlson said. “It makes you wonder who are the violent extremists here. Not Jacob Chansley. And the video proves that. But you would never have known, from the media coverage.”
TUCKER CARLSON ON THE FOOTAGE RELEASED FROM JANUARY 6:
“These are not rioters, these are people who wandered over from a political rally,” Tucker said.
- House Speaker Kevin McCarthy released the footage to Carlson earlier last month, reportedly including multiple camera angles from all over Capitol grounds.
- Carlson described the footage as being “in the public’s interest to know,” implying there was more to the story than mainstream messaging conveyed.
- In January 2023, McCarthy told reporters that he intended to release all the security footage from Jan. 6 so Americans could “see what happened that day.”
- “I think the public should see what happened on that day. I watched what Nancy Pelosi did, where she politicized it. Where for the first time in the history as a Speaker, not allowing the minority to appoint to a committee. We watched the politicization of this. I think the American public should actually see what happened instead of a report that’s written on a political basis,” the House Speaker said at the time.