House Speaker McCarthy ally Marjorie Taylor Green (R-GA) has also been scrutinized by MAGA Republicans.
- Donald Trump shared a video on Truth Social criticizing California Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
- “We must hold the House and Keep Kevin McCarthy as Speaker,” Republican National Committee (RNC) Chair Ronna McDaniel, says in the video.
- The video then zooms closer to her mouth, repeating in slow motion, “Keep Kevin McCarthy as Speaker.”
- The video implies that Romney and McCarthy are not aligned with Trump.
- Trump’s criticism of McCarthy follows the Speaker’s failure to lead defunding efforts against Special Counsel Jack Smith, a primary figure in the Trump investigations.
REPUBLICANS TURN AGAINST MCCARTHY, GREENE:
- Republican Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green has stood behind McCarthy’s debt ceiling agreement with Biden.
- Her strong support for the Speaker partly influenced her being ousted from the Freedom Caucus.
- Green was subsequently booed by Trump supporters while at the Fulton County Courthouse.
- When Greene did not offer an answer to Laura Loomer’s questions on McCarthy’s lack of endorsement for Trump, MAGA Republicans put down the representative.
- American Faith reported that Trump leads DeSantis among Georgia GOP voters by 33 points.
- According to a survey from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC), 57% of likely Republican voters support Trump, while only 15% support Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
- The poll was conducted after the indictment of Trump and 18 associates by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.